Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Imperial Candles, and we are committed to respecting the privacy of our customers and site visitors. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us either via our official website: www.imperialcandles.co.uk or on our official social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube).
This policy also provides information about:
- How we use your data.
- Information we collect about you.
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained.
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
For all our services, the data controller is Imperial Candles Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08970836 and with our registered office address at Sovereign House, 12 Warwick Street, Coventry, West Midlands, CV5 6ET. Our VAT number is GB190465401
How we use your data
We use your information in a number of different ways:
- To provide goods and services to you.
- To make a tailored website available to you.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.
- To find out what you, and other customers, like.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities
- Take payment, and give refunds.
- To provide product recommendations.
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us.
- To verify your identity.
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you.You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Credit Card Payments Information:
Your personal data will be encrypted using SSL proceedings (Secure-Socket-Layer) via the internet. Credit card details will not be stored but acquired and processed directly by our payment service provider. We secure our website and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification and distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
Mailchimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by Mailchimp Inc. Personal data collected: Email.
Information we collect about you.
During your use of the website (including for browsing and purchasing), when you interact with us on our Social Media accounts, when you use and register on your Imperial Candles Account, when you participate in any promotions or when you purchase products from our online store - we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address.
- Purchases and orders.
- Your on-line browsing activities on Imperial Candle’s website.
- For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password. - when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your location;. Your correspondence and communications with us.
- Your comments and product reviews.
Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How we protect your personal data
Date security is treated with the utmost care to ensure that all our customers are protected.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured through the payment gateways we use.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
How long will we keep your personal data?
All data gathered will only be kept for as long as it is necessary and for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, technicians visiting your home, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
To help personalise your journey through Partnership websites we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
- Google Analytics
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that the Partnership holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please emails [email protected]. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Email our Customer Service at [email protected]
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.