Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Imperial Candles, and we are committed to respecting the privacy of our customers and site visitors. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us either via our official website: www.imperialcandles.co.uk or on our official social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube).
This policy also provides information about:
- How we use your data.
- Information we collect about you.
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained.
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
For all our services, the data controller is Imperial Essences Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12261011 and with our registered office address at Unit 1 Mamhilad Park Estate, Pontypool, Wales, NP4 0HZ. Our VAT number is GB341714716
How we use your data
We use your information in a number of different ways:
- To provide goods and services to you.
- To make a tailored website available to you.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer.
- To find out what you, and other customers, like.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities
- Take payment, and give refunds.
- To provide product recommendations.
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us.
- To verify your identity.
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you.You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Credit Card Payments Information:
Your personal data will be encrypted using SSL proceedings (Secure-Socket-Layer) via the internet. Credit card details will not be stored but acquired and processed directly by our payment service provider. We secure our website and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification and distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
Mailchimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by Mailchimp Inc.
Personal data collected: Email.
Information we collect about you.
During your use of the website (including for browsing and purchasing), when you interact with us on our Social Media accounts, when you use and register on your Imperial Candles Account, when you participate in any promotions or when you purchase products from our online store - we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address.
- Purchases and orders.
- Your on-line browsing activities on Imperial Candle’s website.
- For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password. - when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- Your location;. Your correspondence and communications with us.
- Your comments and product reviews.
Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.